1. AAI Officers’ Institute was inaugurated in August 1999 by Secretary, Civil Aviation, Shri P. V. Jayakrishnan in presence of the Chairman, AAI Shri D. V. Gupta as AAI Officers’ Club.
2.– In the year 2005, the Club was renovated and redeveloped which was inaugurated by Chairman, AAI Shri S. K. Narula. After few years, more adjoining area was merged into the club area, which included some unauthorized encroached and abandoned residential quarters.
3. In 2007, the refurnished and modern facilities in the club including swimming pool was inaugurated by Chairman, AAI Shri K. Ramalingam.
4. In 2008, the Club was converted to AAI Officers’ Institute.
5. Further, first floor was built with rooms in the year 2009 and indoor badminton court and so inaugurated by Secretary,Civil Aviation Shri K. N. Shrivastava.
6. Recently one flexible tennis court and new fitness centre have been added and inaugurated by Secretary Civil Aviation Shri V. Somsundran.
7. In the above journey, AAIOI has emerged from scratch to a centre of socializing, welfare of the aviation people, sports, yoga, cultural, art etc at one end and at other end facilitate conferences, meetings, get-together and many more for AAI,Ministry of Civil aviation, DGCA, BCAS and a few more other PSUs.
8. We are also providing catering services in R G Bhawan at one call and other infrastructure for organizing press, public media meets and other important delegations with best quality.
9. Institute is also promoting skill development especially in art, yoga and is likely to start skill development to underprivileged people, housekeeping staff and catering services personnel.
10. In future we have plan to develop an Art & Sports Academy for the benefit of not only AAI & AAIOI Members & Families but also for the Underprivileged People With their inherent talent.